Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Bumpdate - 16 weeks!

How far along: 16 weeks!
 

Baby Size: Baby G is about the size of an avocado, around 4.6 inches long and weighs about 3.5 ounces! At week 16 tiny bones are forming in his/her ears and Baby G will begin to hear things going on outside.  He/she should be able to recognize both of our voices at birth.  He/ she is beginning to grow hair, lashes and eyebrows and the taste buds are beginning to form.
 
Maternity clothes: I'm rocking the belly band with ALL pants; and I’m wearing one pair of maternity dress pants.  I purchased a couple of shirts from Old Navy, one fits great giving me the little bit of extra room that I need and the other is way too big at the moment.  My regular shirts are getting tighter so I will likely be investing in some additional shirts in the near future.

 
Sleep: About the same as last week, some nights are better than others.
 

Gender: No idea yet!  Our 20 week appointment is scheduled for February 21st, we are very excited!  The gender reveal invites are going out today.
 

Movement: Movement is debatable right now; I swear I felt the baby once about a week or so ago…it felt like popcorn popping in my tummy.  However, our doctor insists that I won’t feel anything until around 20 weeks.  I guess we will see.

Best moment this week: We had our 16 week appointment yesterday and hearing the heartbeat was, as always, incredible!  Baby G had a bit of fun with the Dr. this morning while she was attempting to find the heartbeat with the Doppler.  Of course it was at the expense of his/her parents!  Our Dr. put the wand on my belly about an inch below my belly button and wasn’t finding the fetal heartbeat (insert mom panic), she moved the wand around a bit and then went back to the first spot (about 5 seconds later) and picked up the heartbeat right away.  It was likely that Baby G was jumping around so much that she couldn’t pick up the heartbeat, silly little thing. 
 

Looking forward to: Sending out the gender reveal invitations!!
 

Food cravings: Still orange juice, I could drink the stuff by the jug! Other than that it is whatever sounds good at the moment…I have not sent Mr. G to the store for anything crazy yetJ
 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing comes to mind, haven’t tried salmon yet so don’t really know about that.
 

Labor Signs: Absolutely not!
 

What I miss: Nothing yet!

Symptoms: Increased appetite…snacking is my new normal, little aches and pains which are normal as my muscles and ligaments stretch to accommodate the growing belly.  My belly is getting a little hard in places, just another sign of Baby G.
 

Nursery: We have 2 pair of shoes, 2 outfits, a baby monitor, some picture frames and Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal in the nursery. Once we know the gender we will begin work on the nursery.
 

Wedding rings on or off: On
 
Mood: Great!! The second trimester really is much more fun than the first!


With love,

Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment