Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Telling our families

Keeping one of the biggest secrets of our lives for over 16 days was probably one of the most difficult things we have ever done.  We wanted to be sure everything was confirmed by the doctor prior to telling our parents or our siblings and luckily our appointment was scheduled for 11/20 and we had plans to see Mr. G’s parents the following evening and my parents Friday 11/22.

After everything was confirmed and we had more info than we could ever process it was time to decide how we were going to tell our parents and siblings.

We decided that each of us would choose the way we wanted to tell our respective parents.

Mr. G chose a “PREGO” spaghetti sauce jar and put a baby hat on it.  We were having dinner with his parents and they arrived at the restaurant first, when the waitress asked what we wanted to drink I told her I needed some additional time as to not spark suspicion prior to Mr. G telling his parents.  He handed his father the gift bag and as he started to open the gift Mr. G’s mother started to rummage through her purse.  Mr. G had to get her attention so she would pay attention.  When Mr. G’s father pulled out the PREGO jar he seemed a little confused as did his mother, it took a little while and Mr. G finally had to say, “We are…prego” before either of them understood.

Mr. G’s mother looked at me with this sweet sort of shocked and excited look before hugging me and his dad was very excited and congratulated both of us.  We spent the remainder of the evening talking about the baby and all that goes with prepping for a baby.

I chose a slightly different option with my family, I purchased pacifiers and note cards with cute ribbon and attached the pacifier with the following note.

Dear Grandma & Grandpa,
Please hold onto this for me to have when I come to visit, I’m sure my mom will forget one at home.  See you in July.

Love, Baby G

My parents were thrilled and of course my mother shed some tears and told me she thought maybe this announcement was coming.  Our evening with my parents was also spent the evening talking about the baby and all that goes with prepping for a baby.

We told our siblings in a similar way that we told our parents, everyone was and is over the moon excited for this new addition to the family.

I wish I had taken pictures of each of the ways that we told our family members but I completely forgot.

With love,

Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment