Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bumpdate - 15 weeks!


How far along: 15 weeks!

 ** Not sharing the belly pics every week, maybe every other.

Baby Size:  Baby G is about the size of an orange and is around 4.0 inches long and weighs about 2.5 ounces! Proportions are becoming even more normal, since his/her legs now out measure his/her arms.  Baby G is squirming around in there and may even be hiccupping.  My favorite tidbit from this week is, although Baby G’s eyelids are still fused shut, he/she can sense light.  If I shine a flashlight at my tummy, he/she is likely to move away from the beam.  Mr. G says I cannot do that:)

Maternity clothes:  I'm rocking the belly band with ALL pants; I can barely get them buttoned. The pair of black GAP maternity pants that I bought is being utilized, not because I need better fitting pants but because my black dress pants are no longer wearable because they are just too old (they have been thrown away).  They don't fit great but are definitely more comfortable.

Sleep:  About the same as last week, some nights are better than others.  Friday night I was up for a little over 2 hours from 4-6:30am, I watched a silly movie while awake.  Saturday night was much better; I almost slept through the night…only one trip to the restroom.   

Gender:  No idea yet!  Our 20 week appointment is scheduled for February 21st, I am getting so anxious to know.  We are preparing everything for our gender reveal party, the invites arrived Friday and are absolutley perfect!  

Movement:  Nope, the doctor said that she would be surprised if I could feel anything before 20 weeks. With the first baby most women don't know what it actually feels like until then. So those strange feelings in my tummy are likely just gas bubbles:)

Best moment this week:  I am really starting to get energy back; it feels great to not be in a strange sleepy induced haze.  Also, I spent Saturday afternoon with some girlfriends from high school and it was wonderful to catch up and spend the afternoon laughing.

Looking forward to:  Our kitchen ceiling being fixed, the entire ceiling came down this morning…we have a pipe that needs to be fixed and a new ceiling will go up tomorrow.  I will be VERY thankful when that is complete.  Also looking forward to our 16 week appointment, next Monday!

Food cravings: Still orange juice, I could drink the stuff by the jug! Other than that it is whatever sounds good at the moment…I have not sent Mr. G to the store for anything crazy yet.

Anything making you queasy or sick: The thought of salmon makes me a bit queasy, I think it is the smell (which is so sad because it is good for me and I love salmon).

Labor Signs: Absolutely not!

What I miss: Nothing yet!

Symptoms:  Increased appetite…WOW, little aches and pains which are normal as my muscles and ligaments stretch to accommodate the growing belly.

Nursery: We have 2 pair of shoes, 2 outfits, a baby monitor, some picture frames and Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal in the nursery. Once we know the gender we will begin work on the nursery.

Belly Button in or out:  In. Definitely in!

Wedding rings on or off:  On

Mood:  Great!! The second trimester really is much more fun than the first!


With love,

Mrs. G

 

No comments:

Post a Comment