Monday, January 13, 2014

Bumpdate - 14 weeks


How far along: 14 weeks!


Baby Size: Baby G is the size of a lemon and is about 3.5 inches long and weighs about 1.5 ounces which is about double from last week!  His/her body is growing faster than the head and by the end of this week his/her arms will have grown to a length that’s in proportion to the rest of the body.  He/she is likely sucking on his/her thumb and wiggling the toes in there.

Maternity clothes: I'm rocking the belly band with ALL pants, I can barely get them buttoned. I purchased a pair of GAP maternity pants, they were 50% off so I couldn't resist a good deal. They don't fit great but are definitely more comfortable. Old Navy had a big sale and I purchased two tops and a dress, they won’t be delivered until the 20th of January and I won’t need them until at least that time.

Sleep: Getting more interesting, most nights I'm up 2-3 times for a bathroom trip but usually I am able to get back to sleep pretty easily. Getting comfortable and staying comfy has been a bit of an issue this week; I’m trying to train myself to be a side sleeper as that will be necessary as Baby G grows.  We purchased an extra pillow and will continue trying different ways to get comfy.  Again, good training for those overnight feedings.

Gender: No idea yet! Our 20 week appointment is scheduled for February 21st.

Movement: Nope, the doctor said that she would be surprised if I could feel anything before 20 weeks. With the first baby most women don't know what it actually feels like until then. So those strange feelings in my tummy are just gas bubbles:)

Best moment this week:  Getting my weekly countdown shirt in the mail and crossing off 13 weeks!  Taking photos of me in the shirt and a first “bump” picture.  Allowing myself to think about nursery designs and color schemes, it has been fun!!  Dreaming about a warm getaway…maybe early MarchJ

Looking forward to:  Sharing the news with more family members and friends!

Food cravings: Still loving orange juice, I could drink the stuff by the jug! Other than that it is whatever sounds good at the moment…I have not sent Mr. G to the store for anything crazy yetJ

Anything making you queasy or sick: The thought of salmon makes me a bit queasy, I think it is the smell (which is so sad because it’s good for me and I love salmon). I also learned my lesson with spicy food, I think we will stay away from it for a while (I’ll leave it at that).

Labor Signs: Absolutely not!

What I miss: This week I haven’t felt like I miss anything.

Symptoms: Increased appetite…WOW, little aches and pains which are normal as my muscles and ligaments stretch to accommodate the growing belly.

Nursery: We have 2 pair of shoes, 2 outfits, some picture frames and Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal in the nursery. We have someone that wants the chase lounge that is currently in the nursery and it should be gone at the beginning of February.

Belly Button in or out? In. Definitely in!

Wedding rings on or off? On

Mood: Great!! The second trimester really is much more fun than the first!


With love,

Mrs. G
 

No comments:

Post a Comment