Monday, January 6, 2014

We have been keeping a secret!

My apologies for the lengthy absence from our relatively new blog but I promise I have a good reason, we have been keeping a MAJOR secret around the G household for about the past....mmmm 13 weeks.

WE ARE PREGNANT!!!

That's right, Mr. G and I are expecting our first bundle of joy around
July 11, 2014 and to say we are thrilled is a massive understatement.
 
Here is the story, finding out and telling Mr. G:
 
On Friday 11/08/13 I was two days late and very anxious to take a pregnancy test, Mr. G and I had chatted about it and thought it would be best to wait until the following Tuesday to test just in case.  However, me being the ever impatient woman I am I absolutely could not wait any longer.  So I made a quick trip to Walgreen's (luckily there is one 5 blocks from my office) and bought a test that had two sticks included.  Thankfully I was the only person in the office that day so taking a test wasn't very difficult.  The test indicated that I should wait three minutes for an accurate reading, HA, it didn't even take two minutes and the most amazing two pink lines showed up.  I was in shock and full of excitement, I laughed and cried and did a little happy dance in my office.
Mr. G was on his way to my office via the bus and I was bursting at the seams to tell him, I kept texting him asking where he was...I'm sure I was annoying him with all of my inquiries but oh well.  While waiting for him I decided to take the second test just to be sure, again definitely positive!
 
In preparation of getting pregnant (yes we were definitely trying) I purchased the most adorable white sleeper from the college Mr. G attended and tucked it away in my office desk drawer for that perfect moment.  So when Mr. G arrived in my office I told him I had an early birthday gift for him, I presented him with the sleeper and at first he was a little confused but when I handed him both pregnancy tests he was over the moon!  He also laughed and cried and celebrated with me, it was a fantastic moment that I will never forget.
 
I am working on additional posts from the last 13 weeks including Mr. G's birthday party, telling our parents & siblings, Christmas, NYE 2013 and a first trimester post.
 
So now that you are in on our little secret...any advice?
 
 

With love,
Mrs. G
 

No comments:

Post a Comment