Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Bumpdate 26 weeks!

How far along: 26 weeks!
 
 
Sorry about the quality of photos...not the best this week.
 

Baby Size: Head to heel Baby G is measuring nearly 14 inches and weighs in between 1.5 to 2.2 pounds.  She is about the size of a head of lettuce.  She is inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid which is essential for the development of her lungs.  These so-called breathing movements are good practice for her first breath of air when she is born.  She is growing eye lashes and her immune system is getting ready for the outside world by getting antibodies from me.

Maternity Clothes: Yep and loving them! I’m trying to find some items for spring and summer that will get me through the pregnancy.

Sleep: Sleep has been okay this week, rolling over from my left side to right side is getting a little more difficult.

Gender: A sweet little GIRL!

Movement: Oh yes!  She is continuing to gain strength as well; she put on a little show Sunday for Mr. G & me as she had my tummy dancing around a lot.

Best moment this week:  Getting excited for my first baby shower, Sunday the 13th.  My girlfriends from high school are throwing a shower for Baby G and I’m so excited to celebrate with them and have time to catch up.

Looking forward to: Continuing work on the nursery and construction to begin (and end) on our living room where we had water damage from an ice dam.

Food cravings: Orange juice, toast with butter and steak…not any red meat, steak! 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not sick but I cannot stand the smell of garlic.

Labor Signs: Absolutely not!

What I miss: Not much this week

Symptoms: Growing bump, ligament pain and a little bit of leg pain if I’m on my feet too much.  I had some heartburn Sunday but felt better Monday and today. Overall, I feel great and don’t have any complaints!

Nursery: Still at the same point with the nursery, it is painted but we are on hold until the windows are in and we can order the crib.  This is definitely a source of anxiety for me, I'm ready to get the nursery going.

Wedding rings on or off: Wedding set is ON!

Mood: Great! 

With love,

Mrs. G 

No comments:

Post a Comment