Thursday, June 5, 2014

Bumpdate 34 weeks!

How far along: 34 weeks! 

 



Baby Size: Head to heel Baby G is measuring between 17.2 – 18.7 inches long and weighs between 4.2 – 5.8 pounds.  She is about the size of a butternut squash.  Watch what you say!  Our curious Baby G is listening in on our conversations at 34 weeks.  It is said that a baby will recognize songs after birth that mom sings while baby is in utero.  I’m thinking she may just want me to play music to her instead of singing, ha ha!  Her fat layers are filling her out, making her rounder and her skin is also smoother.  Her central nervous system is maturing as are her lungs.

Maternity Clothes: Yes of course!  Some of my shirts are beginning to get a little short in the front. 

Sleep: Sleep is rough; I am up often throughout the night…sometimes for a bathroom trip and sometimes to just get more comfortable.  Rolling over is tough and my hips hurt, a lot. 

Gender: A sweet little GIRL!

Movement: Yes, she enjoys stretching out and shoving her feet into my rib cage, not the most comfortable for me.  Last night Mr. G and I watched her stretch out and her feet made the top of my belly roll like waves. 

Best moment this week:  Yesterday we purchased some baby laundry detergent and did four loads of baby clothing!  It was so cute to see all of those little clothes in the washing machine.  Now to get them folded and put away.

Looking forward to: Our 34 week appointment is tomorrow and our doctor will discuss all of the “what to do’s” when you go into labor.  I cannot believe how fast the time has gone and we are already having the labor & delivery conversation!

Also, we are having some maternity pictures taken on Sunday.  It will be nice to have some photos from this pregnancy to keep. 

Food cravings: I’m not really craving anything special this week, just eating what sounds good.  My heartburn has become worse over the last week, which is changing what I consume.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not sick but I still cannot stand the smell of garlic.  And a little bit of nauseous on and off.

Labor Signs:  Nope!  Still experiencing Braxton hicks every once in a while but nothing serious.

What I miss: Not having to heat up my lunch meat, I’m so tired of it!  I just want to eat a sandwich like a regular person. 

Symptoms: PREGNANT!!  I am experiencing the famous puffy feet and fingers, mostly when I’m warm or after a long day.

I am clumsy and bump into things often, yesterday at Menard’s I hit my belly on the cart…I just sort of ran into it.  I am very tired, it is tough to breathe at times, I have trouble getting up (I need help), heartburn and just a general feeling of discomfort. 

These complaints really are minor for me, I am still extremely thankful to have had a great and easy pregnancy so far.

Nursery:  We are making progress!!  We purchased baskets from IKEA last week and with the laundry I will be filling them up quickly.  Her bookshelves are put together and Andy is painting them tonight, hopefully they can go up on Wednesday.  The decal will be put up soon; I just have to read the directions so I do it correctly.    

Wedding rings on or off: Today my wedding rings fit…so I’m wearing them!  But I know this is short lived.
                                           

Mood: Good, a little emotional but overall good. 

 
With love,
Mrs. G
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment