Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Bumpdate - 37 weeks!

How far along: 37 weeks! 


She is getting so big you can't see the number 37 because it is underneath! 

Baby Size: Baby G likely weighs anywhere between 6.5 – 7.5 pounds (depending how much she gained last week) and is between 18 – 20 inches long.  She continues to practice inhaling, exhaling, blinking, gripping and sucking as she prepares for the outside world.  She is about the size of a winter melon.

Maternity Clothes: Yes of course, just trying to stay as comfortable as possible.

Sleep: Sleep continues to be difficult as I have a hard time rolling over and get pretty stiff and sore in one position for long.  However, I do feel that the sleep I’m getting is more restful than before.  Still up a couple of times during the night…for a trip to the bathroom. 

Gender: A sweet little GIRL!

Movement: Oh yes!  Her movements are mostly kicking and stretching as she is running out of room in there.  Mr. G had his arm around me one night last week and apparently she was having a party in there as I slept, it didn’t wake me up but he said she was bouncing around a lot!

Best moment this week:  Enjoying a nap in the glider on Sunday afternoon in her nursery, it was relaxing and felt great to spend some time in the nursery.

Looking forward to: Her arrival!!!!  I’m getting very excited to meet her…but it looks like she will arrive closer to her due date.

Food cravings: I haven’t really been craving anything specific, still having heartburn on and off so that is a bummer.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not sick but I still cannot stand the smell of garlic.  And a little bit of nauseous on and off.

Labor Signs:  About the same as last week, some cramping and Braxton hicks contractions on and off throughout the week.  This morning the doctor said that things look so good she has nothing to complain about (blood pressure & very little swelling specifically).  She also said that no additional progress has been made so as I left she said, “see you next week”! 

What I miss: It changes daily…..lots of stuff.

Symptoms: PREGNANT!!  Pretty standard pregnancy symptoms:  puffy feet and fingers, clumsy and bump into things often, very tired, tough to breathe at times, can’t get up by myself and just a general feeling of discomfort. 

I think I’ve reached the point where I am ready…ready to get the show on the road and ready to meet her, I can’t wait to see what she looks like and give her a name!!

Nursery:  I got home last night to a finished nursery…and beautiful nursery!  Mr. G put the glider together on Saturday and painted the side table Sunday, he and his dad put up the final book shelf last night and Mr. G set everything up so when I got home it was done and her little night light was on.  It was so sweet to see it finished, now just to have her in thereJ

Wedding rings on or off: Off and put away for the remainder of the pregnancy.
                                           

Mood: Good, I am definitely more emotional (can’t believe I could get more emotional) but in a good way. 

 
With love,

Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment