Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Bumpdate - 36 weeks!


How far along: 36 weeks! 
 
 



 
Baby Size: This morning we had an ultrasound and were able to get another peak at Baby G in order to ensure that she is positioned head down, which she is.  I was 99.9% sure that this was the case considering her feet are always in my rib cage but it was nice to get confirmation. 
The ultrasound also estimated her weight at approximately 6lbs 14oz, which I believe the doctor said is in the 77th percentile.  Her head is measuring 38 weeks and her body at 36 weeks 4 days; we had a good laugh about the size of her head due to the babies in Mr. G's family having notoriously large heads.  However, it is not uncommon for the head to be measuring big as that is the biggest part of the baby. 
Our doctor is not concerned with her size at all and is anticipating a 7.5lb to 8.5lb baby…most gain approximately ½ pound to 1 pound a week at varying rates.  There is no way to know how big she will be and ultrasounds this late in the pregnancy are not as accurate.
At this point they would not stop labor nor would they do anything to speed it up, I would not need to receive the shot that helps develop her lungs further.
So the next three weeks or so really just allows Baby G to put on some extra weight.
The bump.com compares the size of Baby G to a honeydew….a very healthy honeydew!
Maternity Clothes: Yes of course! 
Sleep: Sleep is still tough but I’m glad to report that once I fall asleep at night I am able to sleep deeply for good periods of time; I am up a couple of times during the night…sometimes for a bathroom trip and sometimes to just get more comfortable. 
Gender: A sweet little GIRL!
Movement: Oh yes!  Her movements are mostly kicking and stretching as she is running out of room in there.  She put on a nice show on Saturday night and allowed almost everyone to feel her, she gave my niece a nice little kick…and both my sisters and SIL were able to feel her hiccups.
Best moment this week:  On Saturday Baby G & I were blessed and spoiled with a beautiful baby shower.  We spent the morning with lots of family and friends celebrating the upcoming arrival of this little gal.  The food was fantastic, decorations adorable…I felt a special kind of love from everyone at the shower.
Looking forward to: Continuing to prepare for her arrival, washing and folding the adorable items that we got and putting all of the other necessities away.  The glider and the book shelves will be completed within the next 10 days.
Food cravings: I haven’t really been craving anything specific. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not sick but I still cannot stand the smell of garlic.  And a little bit of nauseous on and off.
Labor Signs:  Without sharing TMI…things are “starting” a little which is a good sign, it means that my body knows what it is supposed to do.  It does not mean she will come early…just means that preparation for delivery has begun.  It also explains that what I have been feeling (cramping) wasn’t my imagination and my instinct was right; likely little contractions.  The doctor encouraged us to put the car seat base in and make sure the hospital bags are prepared.  Again, if labor started they wouldn’t stop it.
What I miss: I’m not going to lie….I am ready to enjoy a cocktail.  Between seeing the bloody mary’s on Saturday and a glass of rose on Sunday I’m ready!
Symptoms: PREGNANT!!  Pretty standard pregnancy symptoms:  puffy feet and fingers, clumsy and bump into things often, very tired, tough to breathe at times, can’t get up by myself and just a general feeling of discomfort. 
I think I’ve reached the point where I am ready…ready to get the show on the road and ready to meet her, I can’t wait to see what she looks like and give her a name!!
Nursery:  We absolutely love the way it has turned out, I’m so happy with everything.  The next step is to get the bookshelves up and for the glider to be delivered and get it set up; at that point the nursery will be 98% finishedJ    
Wedding rings on or off: Off and put away for the remainder of the pregnancy.
                                            
 
Mood: Good, I am definitely more emotional (can’t believe I could get more emotional) but in a good way. 


With love,
Mrs. G


No comments:

Post a Comment