Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Bumpdate 35 weeks!

How far along: 35 weeks! 

 
 

Baby Size: Head to heel Baby G is likely measuring over 18 inches long and weighs approximately 5 ¼ pounds.  She is about the size of a coconut.  At 35 weeks it is pretty much systems all a go:  hearing is fully developed, the circulatory and musculoskeletal systems are complete, kidneys are fully developed and her liver can process some waste.  Her lungs are likely almost mature, that would be the main thing they would be concerned about if she were to come early.  She is running out of room in there, no more somersaults…mostly stretching and kicking.

Maternity Clothes: Yes of course!  Some of my shirts are beginning to get a little short in the front. 

Sleep: Sleep is still tough but I’m glad to report that once I fall asleep at night I am able to sleep deeply for good periods of time; I am up a couple of times during the night…sometimes for a bathroom trip and sometimes to just get more comfortable. 

Gender: A sweet little GIRL!

Movement: Yes, we have a great video from last week…she was kicking and stretching and you can see my belly jumping around.  It is really fun to watch.

Best moment this week:  There have been so many fun moments from this week…

·         We made some major progress on the nursery!  All clothes and blankets have been washed and put away, her crib is in place with the crib skirt and a sheet, and her wall decal is up and I absolutely love it!!  The swing is ready to go and her vibrating chair is put together and just needs batteries. 

·         I enjoyed a wonderful lunch with some coworkers and they spoiled Baby G!

·         On Saturday morning I had a 60 minute prenatal massage and it was fantastic.

·         We started packing all three hospital bags:  Mom, Dad and Baby GJ

·         Sunday evening we spent two hours with our amazing photographer April and she took some incredible maternity photos as well as photos of Mr. G & me.  I cannot wait to see the final pics.

Looking forward to: This Saturday my sisters and mom are hosting a baby shower and I’m so excited to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Baby G with family and friends.

We get to see Baby G again next Monday, after a slightly confusing and frustrating appointment last week with the nurse practitioner an ultrasound was ordered to confirm her position and size…just in case.  But we are excited to see her one more time before she arrives.

Food cravings: I haven’t really been craving anything specific.  After a few days of terrible heartburn I was given the okay to take Zantac and that has been great…I finally got some relief. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not sick but I still cannot stand the smell of garlic.  And a little bit of nauseous on and off.

Labor Signs:  Nope!  Still experiencing Braxton hicks every once in a while but nothing serious.

What I miss: Blue cheese & brie!

Symptoms: PREGNANT!!  Pretty standard pregnancy symptoms:  puffy feet and fingers, clumsy and bump into things often, very tired, tough to breathe at times, can’t get up by myself and just a general feeling of discomfort. 

These complaints really are minor for me, I am still extremely thankful to have had a great pregnancy so far.

Nursery:  It is coming together and we absolutely love it, I’m so happy with the way it looks.  The next step is to get the bookshelves up and buy the glider and get it set up, at that point the nursery will be 98% finishedJ    

Wedding rings on or off: Off and put away for the remainder of the pregnancy.
                                          
Mood: Good, still lots of emotions but good. 

 With love,

Mrs. G

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment