Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bumpdate 31 weeks!

How far along: 31 weeks! 
 



 

Baby Size: Head to heel Baby G is measuring over 16 inches long and weighs approximately 3 1/3 pounds.  She is about the size of a pineapple.  A fun coincidence, Mr. G & I chose her “going home” outfit and it has little pineapples on it.  It is very cute!  She continues going through major brain, nerve and eye development.  All five of her senses are now working.  She is able to move her head from side to side and her arms and legs are getting pudgier as she gains fat.   

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes!

Sleep: Sleep is difficult; I am up quite often throughout the night…sometimes for a bathroom trip and sometimes to just get more comfortable.  Rolling over is tough and my hips often hurt during the night. 

Gender: A sweet little GIRL!

Movement: Oh yes!  She definitely reacts to my activity levels, if I am busy and moving around a lot or stressed at all she is very quiet.  However when I am relaxed and quiet she rolls around and kicks quite a bit, like right now!  She has the hiccups.   

Best moment this week:  Touring the Mother Baby Center of the hospital, it was a very nice facility that made Mr. G and I feel very comfortable.  We are officially preregistered…whoa!!

We also completed our baby preparation class on Saturday; it was very helpful and made both of us feel a little better about labor & delivery as well as bringing her home.

Looking forward to: Baby G’s Aunties A (my baby sister) & S get married on Saturday!!!!  It is a very busy week for our family!

And her crib will be delivered and put together on FridayJ

Food cravings: Orange juice, toast with butter, steak and ice cream!!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not sick but I cannot stand the smell of garlic.  And still a little bit of nauseous on and off.

Labor Signs:  Nope!  I am experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions periodically, they are perfectly normal during this stage in pregnancy.  They go away when I slow down and relax.

What I miss: Continue to miss…sleeping through the night, blue cheese & brie, walking 10 steps without getting winded and a nice glass of chilled rose wine.

Symptoms: PREGNANT!!  I’m sort of teasing but I am definitely feeling prego these days; I am clumsy and bump into things often, get very tired easily, slight swelling after a day of being on my feet, tough to breathe at times, trouble getting up (I need help), a little bit of heartburn and just a general feeling of discomfort.  I feel very blessed to have had a great pregnancy so far and I am still feeling pretty good so I am very thankful.

Nursery:  Her nursery continues to be a work in progress, I have measured the armoire and changing table for the baskets and am going to try to find them in the coming two weeks.  That way I can start to wash her clothing and get stuff put away.  Her crib will be delivered and assembled hopefully FridayJ

Wedding rings on or off: Wedding set is ON!

Mood: Great! 

With love,

Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment