Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bumpdate 30 weeks!

How far along: 30 weeks! 




 

Baby Size: Head to heel Baby G is measuring about 15.7 inches long and weighs almost 3 pounds.  She is about the size of a cucumber.  Her eyesight continues to develop and she is able to open her eyes but they stay closed for a good part of the day.  Her skin in getting smoother and her brain is continually developing essential brain tissue.  And my favorite this week…her hands are strong enough to grasp our fingers.

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes!

Sleep: Sleep continues to be more and more difficult, rolling over is tough and my hips and back often hurt during the night.  Trips to the restroom are averaging 2-3 times.

Gender: A sweet little GIRL!

Movement: Oh yes!  She rolls around and kicks throughout the day, I took a nap on Sunday and Mr. G was able to feel her kick while I was asleep as he had his arm over my belly. 

Yesterday during my 30 week appointment Baby G made Dr. J chase her around in order to get her heartbeat on the Doppler.  The doctor could feel her moving around and kept losing the heartbeat, she was finally able to get a decent reading and was quite amused with Baby G’s tricks.

Best moment this week:  Celebrating our first anniversary with a wonderful weekend and incredible evening out Sunday night!

Looking forward to: We are touring another hospital tonight, I am really excited to see the Mother Baby Center…I’ve heard it is really nice!  This hospital will likely be our first choice.  And our house is almost done, the painter is trying to finish up the living room and dining room…once that is complete we will hopefully be done for a while!

Food cravings: Orange juice, toast with butter and steak…not any red meat, steak!  And ice cream!!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not sick but I cannot stand the smell of garlic.  And due to Baby G crowding my digestive system I have had some return of nauseous, just a little bit but Dr. J said that it is normal as the baby gets bigger and squishes stuff.

Labor Signs:  Nope!  I am experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions periodically, it is an intense tightening sensation I get in my belly, they are perfectly normal during this stage in a pregnancy (I spoke to the doctor about it yesterday).  It goes away when I slow down and relax.

What I miss: I am missing quite a bit this week…sleeping through the night, blue cheese & brie, walking 10 steps without getting winded and a nice glass of chilled rose wine.

Symptoms: Growing bump, very tired easily, slight swelling after a day of being on my feet, tough to breathe at times (she is squishing my lungs), a little bit of heartburn and just a general feeling of discomfort.  I am still feeling pretty good and am very thankful for a great pregnancy so far.

Nursery:  Her nursery is a work in progress, the armoire has been moved and I hung some of her clothing up…I love the way it looks in there.  We love the grey rug and the wall decal is absolutely adorable!  Her crib will be delivered and assembled in the next couple of weeksJ

Wedding rings on or off: Wedding set is ON!

Mood: Great! 

With love,

Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment