Monday, March 3, 2014

Bumpdate 21 weeks!

How far along: 21 weeks!
 

Sorry about the quality of the pics, not great.

Baby Size: Head to heel Baby G is about 10.5 inches long and weighs approximately three quarters of a pound.  She is about the size of a pomegranate.  She has developed eyebrows and eye lids and her digestive system starts to prep for the outside world.  She is manufacturing meconium (I had to explain to Mr. G what it is, yuck.)  Baby G is definitely growing stronger as there are times when I feel like she is a little jumping bean in there.

Maternity Clothes: Yep and loving them!
 
Sleep: Sleep has been okay, I have learned that my movements need to be slower especially rolling over to my other side and getting out of bed. 

Gender: A sweet little GIRL!
 
Movement: Yes I am feeling Baby G move, she has very specific active times.  Mainly about 30 minutes after I eat something and she seems to like the mornings the best.  Late last week I rolled over to my left side at about 4am and I rolled a little too far, she gave me a good little kick…almost to tell me “hey, you’re squishing me!”  I rolled back just a little and she calmed down.  
Mr. G is nervous that she and I are already not getting along;)

Best moment this week: The best moments have to be feeling her kicking and moving around, it really is a crazy feeling.  Mr. G is very anxious to be able to feel her from the outside.  Also, we started putting together a baby registry at Baby’s R Us and Target; we had a good time browsing the baby stuff.

Looking forward to: I am so excited to get started on the nursery, we have decided on a crib and nursery paint colors.

Food cravings: Orange juice and toast with butter!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.

Labor Signs: Absolutely not!

What I miss: Nothing much.

Symptoms: The main thing this week has been ligament pain, if I move too quickly or turn the wrong way it is really painful.  The pain is mainly on the right side and lower region of my stomach.  I've read about it and all my symptoms seem to be pointing to ligament pain (stretching and growing will cause pain), I will confirm with the doctor in a couple of weeks.  Guess it is time to start slowing down.  The "bump" has made an appearance; my younger sister saw me on Tuesday (after attending our gender reveal party on Sunday) and exclaimed, "you look pregnant!"  We had a good laugh but she really meant that in two days the bump had become even more present.

Nursery: We have chosen a crib and the colors for the nursery, now to arrange the painter and then order the crib!  Little Miss has so many wonderful things already, she is very blessed….one might even say a little spoiled.

Wedding rings on or off: On

Mood: Great! 

 
With love,

Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment