Monday, March 3, 2014

Weekend review!

The last 2-3 weeks we have been extremely busy, between family events, doctors appointments, general errands and other stuff I felt like we had not been home at all.  I was beginning to feel the exhaustion and need to be at home so thankfully we were able to be home this weekend.

Friday night Mr. G had an appointment outside of the city so he was going to be a little late and I of course had no idea what to have for dinner.  If I'm being honest I was also having a bit of an emotional afternoon, I just could not get a handle on my emotions.  I was crying one minute and just when I thought I had my emotions under control I would just burst into tears again.  Oh the joys of pregnancy emotions.

My wonderful husband offered to pick up Chinese food from a local favorite and agreed to snuggle in bed and watch a movie.  I seriously don't know what I would do without him, he is patient and incredible when I need him to be.

So we enjoyed really yummy Chinese food and watched a terrible movie.  I was so excited for Identity Thief with Melissa McCarthy, I thought it was going to be hilarious.  It turned out to be terrible and just kind of sad.  Mr. G hated it but suffered through it for me.  We were in bed early Friday night, just what we needed.

Saturday we enjoyed coffee and breakfast at home on a quiet Saturday morning...I don't think that has happened in weeks.  Our nephew was playing hockey at a local rink so we went to watch one of his games, we try to get to as many as we can but typically it is only 2 a season.  After hockey we enjoyed lunch with Mr. G's brother and nephew at a little hamburger & malt shop.  It was so yummy, an old fashion chocolate malt tasted so good!

Saturday afternoon we started the registry process for Baby G, we decided to start at Babys-R-US and just have a good time.  It was really fun and we picked some great items, I will put together a blog about the items we chose.  I will mention that the one item we are going to splurge on will be our stroller, we really want a nice stroller that we can take Baby G out in.  And since I am due in July I will hopefully want to get out and go for a walk with the baby after she is here and I'm cleared to start working out again.

Saturday evening we had a quick easy dinner again, not the healthiest weekend but definitely relaxing:)  I took a long hot shower and was in bed at 9pm, it was wonderful.

Sunday we enjoyed church and Mr. G went skating with his other brother and nephew.  We made dinner together, it was fun as that is something we love to do together but a busy life sometimes gets in the way.

Overall it was a nice and quiet weekend, we were both sad to see it come to an end. 

With love,

Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment