Monday, March 17, 2014

Bumpdate 23 weeks!

How far along: 23 weeks!
 

 
 
Baby Size: Head to heel Baby G is about 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound. She is about the size of a grapefruit. She is more aware of voices and noises from the outside, as well as the sound of my heartbeat and gurgling tummy.  Loud noises that she hears now like the vacuum cleaner will hopefully not bother her once she is here.
 
Maternity Clothes: Yep and loving them!
 
Sleep: Sleep has not been great; I wake up often during the night and am awake for anywhere between 30 minutes to 2 hours.
 
Gender: A sweet little GIRL!
 
Movement: Yes I am feeling Baby G move, it is still easier to feel her when I am sitting or lying down.  She has very specific active times, usually about 30 minutes after I eat and around 9:00pm each night.
 
Best moment this week: Mr. G was able to feel her move one night last week, it was a wonderful moment for both of us.  She put on quite the show for her dad, kicking and wiggling for about 20 minutes.
 
Looking forward to: Our 24 week appointment this Friday, we will get to see her again as we need better pictures of her face and her heart.  Hopefully the ultrasound tech can get some good pictures that we can bring home with us.
 
Food cravings: Orange juice, toast with butter and I guess I should add steak...clearly my body is craving iron!
 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
 
Labor Signs: Absolutely not!
 
What I miss: Nothing much.
 
Symptoms: The growing bump and ligament pain on the right side of my stomach which I will be asking the doctor about.  My 23 week info says to be prepared for swelling and I'm happy to report that I have not had any swelling as of yet, I attribute it to the amount of water I am drinking each day.  Let's hope this continues. 
 
Nursery: We have chosen a crib and the colors for the nursery, now to arrange the painter and then order the crib! Little Miss has so many wonderful things already, she is very blessed….one might even say a little spoiled.
 
Wedding rings on or off: On
 
Mood: My mood has been pretty good this week, a couple moments of emotional prego stuff but nothing too bad.  Here's to hoping week 24 is even better:)

With love,
Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment