Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Bumpdate 24 weeks!

How far along: 24 weeks!
 



 

Baby Size: Head to heel Baby G is almost a foot in length and weighed in at 1 pound 6 ounces during the appointment last week.  She is about the size of a cantaloupe.  Her brain will develop quickly now and her taste buds are continuing to develop.  Her lungs are developing “branches” of the respiratory “tree” as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world.  Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Maternity Clothes: Yep and loving them!

Sleep: Sleep has been okay this week.

Gender: A sweet little GIRL!

Movement: Yes I am feeling Baby G move, it is still easier to feel her when I am sitting or lying down. 

Best moment this week:  Seeing our little lady via an ultrasound on Friday, we watched her lips move and her legs kick.  It was wonderful! 

Looking forward to: Getting the new windows in the nursery and being able to schedule the painter and order the crib; I am ready to start moving things along in the nursery.

Food cravings: Orange juice, toast with butter and steak…not any red meat, steak!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.

Labor Signs: Absolutely not!

What I miss: My favorite cheeses…brie, blue, etc.

Symptoms: Aside from the growing bump my center of gravity is definitely off a bit.  While putting dishes away yesterday I leaned forward like typical and just about fell on my face, after collecting myself I enjoyed a good laugh.

Nursery: We have chosen a crib and the colors for the nursery; as soon as the new windows are in we will schedule the painting and then order the crib!  Little Miss has so many wonderful things already, she is very blessed….one might even say a little spoiled.

Wedding rings on or off: On

Mood: Great! 
 

With love,
Mrs. G
 

No comments:

Post a Comment