Thursday, February 20, 2014

Bumpdate 19 weeks!

How far along:  19 weeks!




Baby Size:  Head to rump Baby G is about 6 inches long and weighs approximately 8.5 ounces.  Baby G is about the size of a mango.  The baby's nerve cells are busy developing his/her sense of taste, hearing, sight and smell.  The kidneys are making urine and studies show that hearing is developed so reading and talking to Baby G is encouraged.

Maternity Clothes:  Yep and loving them!  Still wearing some non-maternity tops and yoga pants that are stretchy and feel okay. 

Sleep:  Sleep has been hit and miss the last week...not terrible though.

Gender:  Less than a week before we find out, actually just a couple of days!!  We are so excited and can't wait for our gender reveal party.  I will do a post specifically for the party and to reveal the gender of Baby G.

Movement:  Not really sure...I'm hoping that what I am feeling is Baby G but I think I will have to wait a week or two for the movements to become more discernable.

Best moment this week:  Getting some additional items for the nursery and looking at bedding options.  So adorable!

Looking forward to:  Knowing if Baby G is a he or she and working on the nursery.

Food Cravings:  Still loving orange juice and toast with butter!

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope.

Labor Signs:  Absolutely not!

What I miss:  Nothing much.

Symptoms:  I'm getting a little clumsier; I've noticed that I am a little off balance at times.  Increased appetite...snacking is a must, little aches and pains (mainly in my hips and rump).  The "bump" is making a bit of an appearance and goes from rock hard to soft at various times throughout the day.  Such a weird feeling.

Nursery:  Changing table, 2 pair of shoes, 2 outfits, 2 bottles, baby monitor, some picture frames, Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal and a basket of books.  We've added a few more items but the list is just getting too long.

Wedding rings on or off:  On

Mood:  Better this last week, the backstories about the Olympic athletes are so good and make me tear up (okay they often times make me cry).  Sometimes I try not to watch not only for my emotional well-being but my poor husband's well being as well.  Ha ha!



With love,

Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment