Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Bumpate 18 weeks!

How far along:  18 weeks!


 

Baby Size:  Head to rump Baby G is 5 1/2 inches long and weighs approximately 7 ounces.  Baby G is about the size of a sweet potato.  Baby G is busy flexing his/her arms and legs, hiccupping and yawning; something that I hope to feel soon!  His/her ears are in their final position and we are encouraged to talk to Baby G so he/she recognizes our voices at birth.  It is likely that the gender of Baby G could be identified now, but we still have a couple of weeks to wait.

Maternity Clothes:  Last Friday my older sister, my niece and I made a trip to the local Motherhood Maternity Outlet store.  I'm so glad that we have an outlet store here in Minnesota, I got some great deals!  We had a blast, I tried on lots of clothes...some with the 7 month bump...which was a lot of fun.  I purchased 2 pair of jeans, a pair of dress pants, 4 shirts and a dress; the best part is I didn't spend a fortune.  When I tried on the maternity clothes I felt 100% better, it felt so good to be in clothing that fit...and I felt cute!!  Winning!

Sleep:  I am continuing to attempt to sleep on my side, most of the time I end up flat on my back after a while.  Sleep has been hit and miss the last week.

Gender:  Only two more weeks!!  I'm busy preparing for the gender reveal party, I cannot wait.

Movement:  I have read that if you want to feel movement you should drink some cold orange juice and lay down to relax, Mr. G and I tried that last week...I didn't feel anything.  Oh well, soon enough.  Our doctor insists that I won't feel anything until around 20 weeks, first time moms have a hard time identifying the difference between gas and first time kicks.

Best moment this week:  Purchasing some maternity clothing that fits and feels great!

Looking forward to:  Knowing if Baby G is a he or she and working on the nursery.

Food Cravings:  Still loving orange juice!

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Not really.

Labor Signs:  Absolutely not!

What I miss:  Nothing much.

Symptoms:  I'm getting a little clumsier; I've noticed that I am a little off balance at times.  Increased appetite...snacking is a must, little aches and pains (mainly in my hips and rump).  The "bump" is making a bit of an appearance:)

Nursery:  Changing table, 2 pair of shoes, 2 outfits, 2 bottles, baby monitor, some picture frames, Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal and a basket of books.

Wedding rings on or off:  On however, I also have my great grandmother's wedding set on my right hand and that is starting to get tight.  I think that one will be off and in our safe deposit box prior to my wedding set.

Mood:  Very happy to be in the second trimester and feeling good...however, I have been a little tempermental lately.  Okay...truthfully I have been downright moody!  The littlest things irritate me and then I feel bad for getting irritated and I cry.  Sheesh!

With love,

Mrs. G


No comments:

Post a Comment