Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Weekend up Nort'

Well, the summer has officially come to an end, actually awhile ago, and Autumn seems to be fighting off winter unsuccessfully here in the North.  Mrs G and I are headed up to the family cabin one last time this coming weekend with lows in the low 30's and highs barely hitting 40.  I love the cabin and love to spend time up there however during the Fall and Winter months the number of activities that can be done up there is very limited.  Sure, I can always go do work around there which I love to do however Mrs G can only read so many books and watch so many movies. (As seen in a recent post, we don't see many movies.)

Anyway, Mrs G has graciously agreed to head up there with me.  My folks and my brother's family will be there also.  We're hoping for decent weather however we're working on coming up with ideas for time indoors as it could be nasty.  We're thinking of board games, maybe some cooking etc.  Movies are another idea.

So, why did I write this post?  Basically to thank my lovely Wife for going up Nort' (as we say up here.)  I know it's not her favorite thing to do this time of year but I appreciate it!

Love,

Mr. G

No comments:

Post a Comment