Friday, October 18, 2013

Date Night

Mr. G and I dated for close to six years prior to tying the knot, and if I must say so myself we were great at dating!  We loved and still love going out on dates, on Tuesday evening we had a great and affordable date night.  The weather in Minneapolis was pretty crummy, rainy and cold as fall has officially made its appearance.  Yuck, I am not ready for cold!  Sorry, I digress.

We don't go see movies very often, like 6 movies in 6 years, so I thought it might be kind of fun to see a movie since we couldn't be outside due to the weather.  I sent Mr. G some options and we both decided that we would see "Enough Said" at the Edina Theater.  After we decided to go to the movie Mr. G found a great deal for dinner prior to the movie.  Mozza Mia restaurant is across the street from the theater and has an offer they call the "reel deal".  For $40 you get a bottle of wine, wood fire pizza, gelato and 2 tickets to the Edina Theater.  It is a fantastic deal and had we ordered each item individually the bill would have been $62 for the two of us.

We enjoyed the Cabernet and the Asparagi pizza which had chicken, asparagus, burrata cheese and an olive oil base on a crispy crust.  Everything was delicious and we enjoyed yummy gelato for dessert.

The move was great, we both really like it.  I thought it was a very sweet movie however there were some extremely uncomfortable moments.  I mean seriously, how could it not get uncomfortable when Julia Louise-Dreyfus is dating James Gandolfini and is the massage therapist of JG's ex-wife.  Eventually everyone figures it out...I won't tell you anymore as to not ruin any part of the movie.  Both Mr. G and I would recommend the movie.

Our date night was fun and romantic and I look forward to enjoying date nights with my handsome husband for many years to come.

Have a wonderful weekend all!

With love,

Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment