Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Weekend Review

Our weekend was nice, a bit quiet but really nice.

Friday evening we enjoyed having our SIL M over along with our nephew C, they are doing a major remodeling project on their kitchen and dining room so they have no furniture and basically are living out of their upstairs bedroom and basement.  We enjoyed chicken tacos with yummy wine, C had root beer, and ice cream for dessert.  It was a nice evening.

Saturday morning Mr. G and I enjoyed coffee and breakfast while watching television.  The weather here in Minnesota has gotten a little chilly so I had my slippers and a comfy sweatshirt on, I like the cool fall mornings.
Saturday afternoon I met my mother, sisters and future sister in law to shop for bridesmaids dresses for the upcoming wedding of my younger sister and her fiance.  It was a great afternoon spending time with my family, it was filled with laughter and fun.  We did find a great dress that I am really happy with and look forward to wearing at my sisters wedding.

Saturday evening Mr. G and I had some drinks and appetizers with some friends and I tried a really yummy dip to go with sweet potato chips.  It is goat cheese mixed with some honey and a little bit of cream, mix it all together and serve with sweet potato chips.  Can I just say, YUM!!!  I could have eaten the entire bowl, and with some really yummy wine it was fantastic.

Sunday was quiet, we went to church, watched some football and enjoyed leftovers for dinner.

With love,

Mrs. G


No comments:

Post a Comment