Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Difference between Men & Women, Wedding Photos Edition


Yesterday our wedding photos arrived in the mail; I was like a giddy school girl and could not wait to look at the 1100 photos of our wedding day.

In my mind, these photos would bring back some of the funny stories of the day and the emotional moments that make my heart swell each time I think of them. 

To Mr. G, it just meant that he had to sit down and look at wedding pictures, 1100 wedding pictures!  That’s not completely true, he was really excited to see them but he is a guy.

So, I popped open a bottle of champagne and we toasted to our wedding pics using our new, gorgeous toasting flutes.  What proceeded to occur is likely what a good number of couples have experienced while looking at wedding pictures…the differences between men & women.

I clicked from picture to picture exclaiming how beautiful they were and told my new husband stories of what was happening in the pic, if he happened to not be in that picture.  My eyes welled up with tears a number of times and my heart beat faster just like the day I married the man of my dreams.  I mentally picked out pictures I wanted to frame and pictures we could potentially use for our thank you cards, I even went as far as thinking of what picture would hang proudly on the wall of my parents’ home.

My husband, sat quietly looking at the photos and at times glanced at his cell phone…he gave some feedback on some of the pics and others said, “oh, I like that one”.  What got him the most excited you may ask, well that was a picture of the two of us in the sanctuary of our church enjoying a moment to ourselves.  The photographer snapped a picture and a shadow of a candle is on my dress, when he saw the pic he exclaimed “That shadow looks like a wiener!!”  Yep, my man of a husband picked out the shadow that looked like…well, you know.  He is correct, it does look like “that” and I did laugh when I saw it but what made me shake my head was the incredible difference between men & women.

We both love our wedding photos and will cherish them forever, I know he loves them just as much as I do but the clear differences in how we reacted are now comical.  Last night my emotions got the best of me when I looked at my husband and said “Don’t you like them as much as I do?”  God bless him for not rolling his eyes at me.

I will post some additional pictures soon but here is a great one of us with our wedding party, we were lucky enough to snap a pic while the Lake Harriet trolley was going by.

Thank you to April Klein at Sophisticated Grace photography, she was incredible the day of our wedding and before!  We were blessed to have her as our photographer, from the moment she walked in that morning until she said goodbye at the end of our day I knew she was the right choice to photograph our big day!  Check her out.

With love,
Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment