Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Male Rebuttal

For the record, Mrs. G makes some very good points about the difference in male and female and wedding pictures.  And it is true, I may not have been as into them as she had hoped and I hope my beautiful wife can overlook my male pattern indifference. 

I would like to point that I did well up a few times myself.  They are beautiful pictures and April at Sophisticated Grace did an absolutely amazing job.  She is extremely talented and it shows.  The pictures were very moving and it did bring back wonderful memories for me.   It was truly a blessed event but I will turn to an issue that Mrs. G and I have been struggling with for years.  I don't like the way I look in pictures.  Very critical of myself and prior to the wedding I think I put on 15 pounds.  Most people before their wedding lose weight.  Apparently I missed that memo. (When my family has a wedding there is at least a week's worth of celebrating of different kinds all involving heavy food and drink. And I indulged generously.)

Heading into this wedding I had hoped to look like Justin Timberlake however I more looked like our 27th President, Howard Taft who is best known for his ample size and 300 pound frame.  Type in President Taft into Google and the top suggestion is "president Taft weight."  (Did you know he was Chief Justice after his presidency? Wonder what he weighed then?)

As I looked at these pictures, it wasn't that I didn't think they were wonderful, it was I was seeing something I didn't expect.  A much heavier me!  True, I didn't have as much gusto and excitement as my blushing bride but I think that is common however the weight thing did get to me.

Sooooo, I hope my wife can forgive me.  It's not the first time we've had this discussion.  But I did hit the gym this AM so maybe that underwear modeling contract is around the corner.  Right, Mrs G??? 
Mr. G



No comments:

Post a Comment