Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The nursery - part 2!

Once we had everything for the nursery it was time to get to work putting everything together, okay okay...it was time for Mr. G to get to work putting everything together.  My dad came to help put together the crib / changing table combo which was a big help since we had read that it wasn't the easiest thing to do.  They put the crib together in 2 hours, they were trying to beat 2 hours but just couldn't get there.

 



They also put up her curtain rod and curtains as well as the decal, which was a tedious process but they did a great job!  I couldn't believe how much thought they put into it, they measured to make sure it was even and that it was just right.  It really looks perfect!  Unfortunately none of the pictures turn out when I take a picture of the decal...so no pic on the blog.

Mr. G took care of the glider and footstool as well as the painting of the IKEA spice racks and side table.  Mr. G and his dad put the bookshelves (spice racks) up which was not as easy as pinterest and everyone else makes it sound but they look incredible and worked perfectly in her little room.




My mother and 2 sisters came over to help fold and hang all of her little clothes, she already has a lot of clothing.  They helped put things away and make the most of the small space we have, it was a huge help. 
 
 


 
We moved the crib a couple of times and decided on its final spot, it worked out great where we put it as I now have access to the little shelving system it has built in to the changer....bonus!

Everything really came together and when I finally had everything in place I couldn't believe how beautifully and perfectly it came together.  I'm so happy with everything and could not have asked for it to look better.  As I said before, I put a lot of thought into the nursery because I know it will be the last time I am able to make the final choices on her room...knowing myself and her father I know this little gal will have an opinion and let us know it;)

I hope you enjoyed the photos of the nursery...now the last piece of the puzzle...a baby!  We are 10 days from her due date and I am very anxious to meet her!

With love,

Mrs.G

No comments:

Post a Comment