Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Weekend Review!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend, Minneapolis was beautiful!  We actually had a gorgeous November day on Saturday...thankfully no white stuff on the ground yet.

Friday night Mr. G and I enjoyed a wonderful evening at home, he made chicken stir fry and healthy veggie fried rice for dinner.  It was incredible, I had been asking him for weeks to make it but we just didn't get around to it.  We also enjoyed a bottle of the wine that we gave to our guests in their welcome bags, since we were approaching our 6 month anniversary.


A short sidebar...All of the guests that booked a hotel room for our wedding were given a welcome bag when they checked in, in the bag we included the "Cheri & Andy" bottle of wine, a bunch of yummy snacks, ibuprofen for the next morning, two little bottles of water, breath mints and chocolates.  Our wonderful friends and family were so thankful as we received a lot of great compliments.

Saturday morning I made a breakfast skillet in our new cast iron skillet, I used leftover potatoes that I had made for dinner a couple of nights before, whisked up a few eggs, added some bacon and baked it for 40 minutes....AMAZING!!!  Below is the skillet before I put it in the oven. 
I cannot wait to use our cast iron skillet again soon.



Mr. G spent the day with his brother and his dad at the Prior Lake Horse & Hunt Club shooting clay pigeons. They bought a groupon that included the shooting and lunch at the club, they had a beautiful day for it and they had a great time.  This is the pic I received from my father in law with the caption, "Mighty Hunter".  Anyone who knows my husband knows that he has hunted deer once, about 20 years ago and hasn't gone again.


 
 
I spent my afternoon running errands and doing some shopping, I have a baby shower on the 10th of November and I was able to finish up the gift. It was so much fun shopping for a baby!! I purchased a handful of things from the registry and also ordered a HALO sleepsack for the new baby, after reading about the sleepsack on a few blogs I decided that it was a great gift for the new mom & baby.  In the package with the sleepsack I asked for some information, I am going to give that to Tif along with the gift so she has some info as to why I chose the HALO. 
I also picked up my bridesmaid dress for my sisters May 17th wedding, the color is plum and it is a great dress.

Saturday night we attended a fundraiser for our nephews school, NOVA Classical Academy.  NOVA is a charter school in St. Paul, MN and C was lucky enough to get in...acceptance to NOVA is done via a lottery and only a certain number of students get in each year.
The PTO puts on this fundraiser each year for adults, they decorate the main area of the school and have a silent auction, sign ups for events throughout the year and a wine sale.  With the purchase of tickets to the event you get food from three local food trucks.  The food was fantastic!  My favorite was the portobello mushroom slider and wild rice soup from Fork N the Road food truck.

Check out their website!
http://forkintheroadtruck.com/

Mr. G and I bought five bottles of wine, bid on a massage and I signed up for a private shopping event in April.  It is important to us that we support our niece and nephews however we can.

Sunday we went to church and unfortunately during the service an older man in front of us had a seizure and Mr. G and his dad had to help lay him down and then take him out to the paramedics.
It was such a sad situation and I hope and pray that the man makes a full recovery. 

After church we met my parents to pick up our new stove, thankfully we were gifted a used (but in great condition) stove.  About 4 years ago the glass face of our stove fell out, it made a terrible mess but continued to work properly so we didn't worry about getting a new one.  It looked terrible but still worked.  My dad helped remove the old stove and put in the new stove, it went smoothly and now we have a new beautiful stove.

 
Old Stove
 
 
New Stove!
 
After the new stove was in I was able to make a great dinner for Mr G. and my parents.  I'm so thankful for the kind gift we received.  It's so pretty!!

Have a great week!!



With love,
Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment